The Camrose Boys and Girls Club is a not-for-profit organization that provides a wide variety of programs and services for youth. Our society number is 504021684 and we are registered as a charity (CRA# 11891 5669 RR0001). Our mission is: “To provide a safe, supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life.”
The Camrose Boys and Girls Club has existed in the Camrose Community since 1989 and is member of Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada.
Camrose Boys and Girls Club offers an After School Program (Kid Way), Teen Program (Keystone), a Summer Program and volunteer opportunities for youth ages 13 - 21.
Kid Way is a membership club that runs from October through May. This program operates Monday – Thursday from 3:00 – 6:00 pm. Children ages six to twelve years old benefit from a variety of fun, meaningful social, recreational and educational activities weekly. Here are examples of some of the activities we provide throughout the year:
• Healthy Snack Program: Providing a range of healthy snacks to members daily, accompanied by a healthy food choices educational component.
• Helping Hands: Groups of kids, supported by our staff, go out in the community to perform random acts of kindness for community members, including physical jobs such as raking leaves and shoveling snow.
• Nature Walks, Park & Playground Crawls, Tobogganing, and Skating.
• Homework Help: provide youth with a quiet area to work on their homework with access to staff.
• Arts and Crafts: Youth enjoy regular arts and crafts activities.
• Recreation Equipment: Youth can grab a friend and play a game of pool, air hockey, table tennis, foosball and giant board games.
• Girl’s Group: a program which focus on empowerment and self esteem for girls ages 10 -12.
• Canadian Tire Jump Start - Get in the Game!: This program allows children and youth to participate in the following: Badminton, Floor Hockey, Soccer, Basketball, Swimming lessons, Hip Hop Dance and Ice Hockey.
• BG Store: Kids earn BG Bucks for good behavior (kindness to others, helping out, working through conflict resolution and participation) and redeem for items in the BG Store.
• Complimentary Transportation: youth are picked-up from various schools and brought to the club.
Keystone Program: Keystone is a program for youth ages 13–17 and concentrates on the following 5 key areas: Leadership, Teamwork, Healthy Choices, Service to Club and Community and Learning for Life. The Keystone youth in our program have been volunteering their time in our After School Program. The impact they have on the younger kids has been amazing.
The Summer Program offers themed weeks filled with exciting summer activities. Children participate in various theme based day trips throughout the summer. Activities include: rock climbing, Build-a-Bear, Drumheller excursion, Telus World of Science, water slides, swimming, zoos, camping, beach days, amusement parks, museum visits and more. Youth from our Keystone program also volunteer in our summer program.
Camrose Boys and Girls Club relies on volunteer support from our community. We draw volunteers from our local university, senior and junior high schools. Our Keystone members also volunteer. Each year we have approximately 200 volunteers giving over 4,000 hours of volunteer support to our club and approximately 70% of these volunteers are under the age of 21.
© 2017 ATB Cares. All rights reserved. ® Registered trademarks of Alberta Treasury Branches. Powered by Benevity